Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Winterizing truck mount in extreme cold?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winterizing truck mount in extreme cold?
    Posted: 30/September/2011 at 7:32am
Hey guys, just wanted to get some tips on winterizing my machine, (panther 18).
I moved about to Denver, Colorado a few months ago and I remember in Dallas it froze for a few days and even though I had a heater in there, I got a flood call and one day I tried to go out and my whole machine was frozen, frozen waterbox, frozen waste tank (I emptied it but there was still a little in it). Frozen pipes, frozen everything.

What would you guys recommend? Uhaul blankets, anti-freeze, etc. etc.? If you can give me some general step by step directions I would greatly appreciate it!

Sponsored Links

Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2011 at 10:56pm
Park it in a heated garage. Problem solved.Wink
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2011 at 12:38am
Kens right on the stick but not everyone has one. Tell me you did not try to start it up when froze? You can do a search and find many answers.
Run blue windshield fluid or anti-freeze through your plumbing and setup a heater.
Its good to have a insulated Van also. I use the blue stuff.
Run all the water out of your TM, Fill your mix tank with the blue then run it until you see blue going into your 1gal container shut'er down.
You can also run it through the chem jug but i dont.
zqsyvep350 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zqsyvep350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2011 at 8:01am
LOL Ken :)
FrancisF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrancisF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2011 at 8:39pm
You need to consider the wind chill on the bottom of the van too. I had two heaters going last year and had trouble with icing coming from the bottom of the van up. Place some carpet pad or other insulation under the machine and make sure no water hoses touch the floor of the van. 
hgrqafq241 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hgrqafq241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2011 at 2:05am
I agree with "FrancisF".
 Post Reply Post Reply