Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Moving Business need pricing help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ApexFCS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving Business need pricing help!
    Posted: 31/October/2004 at 12:24am
I am moving my business, due to family reasons. I could use a little help on a pricing strategy for the new market. Here are some details. I am moving from an area that has a pop of about 750K. There I charged .20sq ft for the largest room and $40 each additional room with a 2 room min. I did pretty well with that strategy in my old market. I am moving to a city with a pop of 85K (39K housholds) (38K median income). I have tried to call some of the local companys in my new market to get an idea, but they are all over the map. I cant even come up with a par pricing plan. Should I just go with my original pricing and see how it works?

Also, in the market that I am moving to (pop 85K) there are 12 carpet cleaning businesses..Does it seem like the market is saturated?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2004 at 8:10am

For 85K 12 cleaners is not that many.  How many others don't advertise?  How many are part time? This will be like starting all over, but for a second time.  I would want to determine what other systems are out there, how long have some been business?  Maybe some of the cleaners in the yp have already gone.  Are your competitors franchises, do they offer restoration services 24 hr. When going to a smaller population doing business can be different than a large city, some will disagree. All I can suggest is to do your home work and don't sell yourself short.  My whole service area is only 59,000 people and I have 10 to 15 cleaning companies  serving this area at any given time.Guitar

Just My opinion
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2004 at 11:32am

I live in a city of roughly 80,000 and there are probably close to 20 other cleaners.

12 shouldn't be too bad.

making yourself stand out will be the biggest obstacle IMO.

charge what you feel comfortable with

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2004 at 11:37am

39k....12 companies sure sounds like a lot to me......It will come down to your Advertising and your service.... price might play a part to start, you might need a few incentives to get your foot in the door...

What you have to remember that some of those 39k have been using the same carpet cleaner for years and years...

A guy like doug has been servicing his community for a long while... it's hard to take his customers away

www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply