Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Starting a business

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCPOTUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starting a business
    Posted: 15/April/2012 at 1:33pm
Hello, Im starting my own business and Im looking for some information on buying a truck mount. I have a 2010 Ford E-250 van and I have no idea what brand and type of truck mount to purchase. I live in Canada and have about $20,000 to spend and just looking for some advice. I am totally new to the carpet cleaning world and dont want to buy the wrong mount. Ive looked at a ton of websites and their are so many to choose from Im kind of lost. I would appreciate the help and advice.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Mrs. Speedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2012 at 10:56am
If you're new I would recommend trying to get a job with a local carpet cleaning company. Take some cleaning courses after about six months to a year. Just a recommendation before you dish out 20k into a truck mount.

What type of area do you live in? Do you plan on doing commercial and residential? Carpet cleaning only? Or upholstery and tile cleaning? Do you eventually want to do restoration. You're going to want to have a business plan. Once you have that you can decide what truck mount you wanted.

Our business went this route. Started off small paid cash for an Astro van, and leased to own a hydramaster Boxxer 318 for $12,000 (no fresh water tank). Did mainly residential jobs. After about two years we bought a Chevy Express 2500. Moved the Boxxer 318 into the van and bought a fresh water tank and more hoses. Now we do higher income residential and more commercial jobs. We are going to do the same thing we did when we first started out again next year. Buying an Astro putting the Boxxer 318 into that and purchasing the Hydramaster Maxx 450D and putting it into the Chevy.

Hope this helped a little.
 Post Reply Post Reply