Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaning Tips and HOW-TO-SECTION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Pet Odor Removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cicero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pet Odor Removal
    Posted: 23/June/2012 at 4:00am
Hi to all,
I have a problem with removing a general dog smell off the carpet. I am not talking about dog urine smell but the actual dandruff and dog hair smell.
I've tried everything: enzime- pre- sprays, deodorizers, and pet odor removal products. Even after 2-3 cleanings with RX-20 I can still smell the dog when I put my nose down in the carpet?
What do you guys use and do you have any advice for me? 
my website: http://www.masterstouch-carpetcleaning.com - http://www.masterstouch-carpetcleaning.com

Sponsored Links

SteamVac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteamVac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2012 at 4:48pm
Hey Cicero,

We have 6 cats and a dog in our house. I certainly know exactly what that unpleasant "hair smell" smells likes.Dead I use the Hoover Pet Complete Carpet Cleaner (f5918900). This machine really gets the job done! Not only did it pick up 99% of the cat and dog hair, it also removed any smells that it was soaked into it. Last time, we rented a Rug Doctor and it was a waste of money.

karlkoskinen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlkoskinen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2014 at 12:39am
If you have treat the carpet with deodorizers then itis below the carpet inthe pad and this can be treat by injecting the enzymes into the pad you will have to get atleast a syringe from the pet Supply house to do this
AlexMason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2015 at 5:26am
Clean your carpet thoroughly with hot water extraction machine and carpet cleaning shampoo to get rid of the awkward smells.
dowens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dowens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2016 at 10:53am
You can try do diy Vinegar-Baking Soda spray. 
It’s simple, inexpensive, and works a treat on blood and urine stains in particular. Baking soda is nature’s odor remover, and teamed up with vinegar, does a great job at getting rid of odors!

You need only 2 cups white distilled vinegar, 2 cups of lukewarm water and 4 tabelspoons baking water.
Violet_Gibson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Violet_Gibson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/September/2016 at 8:30am
My advice is to avoid using steam cleaners to clean urine odours from rug or carpet. The high temperature will permanently set the stain and the odour forever by bonding the protein into any man-made fibers.
HouseE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HouseE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2016 at 11:05pm
Vinegar is a good choice for getting rid of pet odor from the carpet.Just get a simple pump sprayer and fill it up with vinegar and then spray it over the corners,floorboards and the carpets and then let it sit for awhile.
hazel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2016 at 10:39pm
Yes, even I have heard that spraying  vinegar is good for removing the pet odor from the carpets. 
JosephV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JosephV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2017 at 11:18pm
Vinegar is one of the best solutions for removing pet odor. But some people may dislike the smell of vinegar. In that case, you can add few drops of citronella oil to the vinegar before start spraying. The vinegar will help you to remove the pet odor and the citronella oil helps you to discourage fleas in carpets.
melissa1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melissa1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2017 at 6:23am

Hi there, I know this is an old thread. But I would like to share some thoughts. A vinegar solution is one of the best options for removing pet odors. You could try using baking soda along with white vinegar. This is a very common occurrence at home with pets.

lonnaneeley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonnaneeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/July/2020 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Cicero Cicero wrote:

Hi to all,
I have a problem with removing a general dog smell off the carpet. I am not talking about dog urine smell but the actual dandruff and dog hair smell.
I've tried everything: enzime- pre- sprays, deodorizers, and pet odor removal products. Even after 2-3 cleanings with RX-20 I can still smell the dog when I put my nose down in the carpet?
What do you guys use and do you have any advice for me? 
my website: http://www.masterstouch-carpetcleaning.com - http://www.masterstouch-carpetcleaning.com

Just don't steam or use vinegar, let the stain dry, pretreat the stain, use a carpet cleaner. I have followed the same steps!

You can exactly follow the same step there are 2 ways natural or chemicals you can follow you like!
KingCarpetClean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingCarpetClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2023 at 12:22pm
For me, it's all about the deep clean, getting into every nook and cranny.

Then there's the magic of odor neutralizers. Pet-friendly ones, of course. Spray or sprinkle, depending on your preference, and let them do their thing. No more doggy funk.

Having a Grandi Groom carpet rake (before and after hot water extraction) can make all the difference.

For homeowners looking for a quick fix try baking soda. Liberally sprinkle, let it chill (preferably overnight), and then vacuum it up.

Ventilation is crucial. Crack those windows open, let the fresh air in, and show that dog smell the door.

And, of course, regular grooming for the furry culprit. Less shedding and dandruff mean fewer odors.

Best Regards,
KingCarpetClean Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply