Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

IICRC what have they done for you??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 12:35am
I got my WHIMIS certificate..BIG DEAL...lol all it is ...is good house keeping...lol
Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 12:33am

General Lee, before i say what I want to say....can you please let Mr. Steamer where all his dues went to.....he donated.....got nothing in return.....Steamer did they send you a Christmas card at least. please tell me.

Now to you General.    No I am not WHMIS Trained you know why because I don't have to go into a sewer to know it stinks.....but thanks for asking.

Jack      NIGHTRIDER        where no ridiculus question goes unanswered

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 12:12am

All I have to say to that is PUUUUUULLLLease.......no money in it for you???man....I got to stop my blood pressure is rising.....so you didn't make any money from the courses you run????

please ban me from this sight....I need to be banned

I can't believe there are such good people in this world...ones that are going to dedicate their time for the carpet cleaning world....

wow NON PROFIT CARPET CLEANING EDUCATORS

and look i've been charging all these customers and they've been paying me...

I'M A SINNER CARPET GODS FORGIVE ME I thought I cleaned carpets for profit

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 10:45pm

Boy oh boy, Mr Nightrider.

I bet you think I'm some sort of nerd with aplastic pen holder eh?

I grew up in the West End of Montreal. We are unique people and proud of it.Ask the people at Kleen Kuip what kind of person I am, you might be surprised.

In this business I have fried my liver further. Developed mould allergies. Have severe sinus problems (likely from overuse of enzymes), had chemical pneumonia.

You think that there is no work in writing an exam?? You are nuts.

You think this health and safety course is useless? You've got to be kidding.

Are you WHMIS trained? Are your employees? If not you are breaking the law.

The law is there to protect people. Wake up and smell the coffee buddy.

I do this work, because of a love for the industry. I spend a fortune on documents and long distance ,  and don't get reimbursed. If you want to slam me  for that go ahead. I don't expect kudos. I just don't know how else to tell people like you that there are a lot of people out there giving selflessly for the common good. THERE IS CERTAINLY NO MONEY IN IT FOR ME.

So go ahead, take your shots, at least you can release your pent up aggravations. FEEL BETTER. Yes I do.

Monsterclean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monsterclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 10:32pm

Mr. Lee,

You are taxed at 45% in Canada?  That makes me feel better.  I thought Virginia was bad.  Do you have an alternative minimum tax up there? 

Barry

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 10:03pm
i know we pay and pay and pay mr steamer, and we don't see much from it. it almost seems like another tax, but i think it seperates the men from the boys. in my city we have commercial clients who only hire iicrc firms.  
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 9:59pm

Do you know what never mind.....It doesn't really matter.....I've forgotten what wool smells like burning....my mold tester doesn't work any more...and I broke my UV light....and why do they wash those area rugs in cold water????It doesn't matter anymore....

I clean carpets thats what I do I'm a CARPET CLEANER!!!!!!I really don't know where I got my training from...all I know is I'm damn good..

Mr. Steamer a damn good Carpet Cleaner

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 9:37pm

we have lost sight of my question...What do they do for my dues?????can anyone answer that.............????

I want to know what happens to my dues.....I don't get anything for them.

again what do I get for my DUES?

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 9:29pm

I have so much to say......my tongue is on fire ...... But I'll wait for Ed York to come abord.

silence is golden................for now

Jack         &n bsp; NIGHTRIDER  SCREW ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU....SCREW ME TWICE.....SHAME ON ME

Brian Strawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Strawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 9:16pm
It is great that everybody is IICRC certified. Education and experience =
$$$$$ for all. However i believe hands on training is where you learn all
you class room info. Good courses show you why and how a procedure or
product works or does not work. I attend approx. 20 IICRC courses a year
most of them are wrt asd amrt fire & smoke & Odor and find this of the
students. FIRST they say they just need the IICRC certificate for the
insurance company they work for. NEXT ( if ) they have a good instructor
that shows how and why a technique or product works with hands on
response is WOW i learned alot of techniques i did not know. Finally if and
only when hands on training is avaiable and not just a power point course
response is awesome course. Now after saying all this IICRC should make
sure all instructors teach awesome courses for a reasonable price! Funny
thing is most of us do not like to be taken advantage of.
Brian Strawn
greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 9:11pm
the iicrc (jim darling) dosen't just teach you how to clean carpets better. they teach you how to be more professional. yes it cost money but i think it's worth it........... IICRC FOR EVER!!! 
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Carpetologist Carpetologist wrote:

One of the reasons why I like to keep my registration fees and dues paid up (re-IICRC) etc. is for the extreme educational value that courses, meetings and conventions offer me not to mention rubbing shoulders with people smarter than I am.

If you think education is expensive try ignorance.

Your the bigger man on the canadian block...the little man doesn't hear about this kind of stuff...plus once you've taken the course and passed why pay the dues, for a new letter that most of us never get...If I want to know more about IICRC I'll check the website...thank you very much....

Once you see IICRC is a business...YES A BUSINESS....and they are really not here to better the carpet cleaning world....yes that might happen along the way...but IICRC's purpose is to make money

I'll probally get kicked for that ...but it's the truth...and the truth shall set you free

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 4:09pm

Carpetologist ...no one said ignorance...I always preach training and experience...If you gave a Kleen kuip Certification I would take it....

But I just can't help feeling disgust once a year when I have to send my dues to IICRC for nothing...this is the last year anyways....

Carpetologist do your classes ...give the training I'm all for that...but really make your students learn 200-600 bucks for a two day course I think thats unreasonable...where the instructor is just spoon feeding you the right information to high light and remember...naw naw I don't buy that...there is really no hands on...naw naw...

A guy like me is bad for the business..I feel that the carpet cleaner gets it from all sides.....

* you get it from your peers(you need to be certified)(cut throat pricing)

* you get it from the suppliers(once it has anything to do with carpet cleaning it cost a fortune)

* you get from the service repair men

* you get it from the customer

There alot of money to be mad and even more to be spent...and if you don't watch your bottom line you'll go broke......so one has to take steps to cut cost...

Don't be affraid to think out the box

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 2:10pm

One of the reasons why I like to keep my registration fees and dues paid up (re-IICRC) etc. is for the extreme educational value that courses, meetings and conventions offer me not to mention rubbing shoulders with people smarter than I am.

If you think education is expensive try ignorance.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>