Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Business Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruff Surfaces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Business Insurance
    Posted: 01/December/2004 at 9:30pm

What is your experience with getting the right kind of insurance?

What is a must have insurance?  Owner, Operator, employee?

How much coverage?  What problems have you incurred with putting claims forward.

Most importantly how much do you pay?

Sponsored Links

terry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2004 at 10:03pm
I run truck mounts .No personel use ,they just add on
comm insurance to that .
2 mill .Never had a problem with claims ,2 so far .
Pay about 3000k a year in Quebec.
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2004 at 10:16pm
Wow Terry that sounds like a lot of money per year. Maybe this is the norm I won't know.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2004 at 11:19pm

I hear the insurance companies had a banner profit last year and the government is asking them to lower premiums. lol

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2004 at 11:32pm

2 million liability here

I grew up with the agent so she looked after me well.

I pay around $100 a month

never made a claim yet.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/December/2004 at 8:45am
We carry Five million on the business + the tms + the equipment+ the building and that = no money left.Guitar
Just My opinion
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/December/2004 at 2:54pm
oh yeah I forgot the equipment insurance is on there too
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/December/2004 at 6:01pm

I hate to say many of the GTA cleaners do not have insurance. And when things go wrong they usually attempt to put it through their home insurance and that sometimes works after you tell your adjuster a few little white lies.

If you do not have business insurance and are in an accident you had better make sure your machine is in the trunk and tell the officer you were just coming home from a church social.

If you ever damage a carpet or furniture caused by your stupidity or unprofessionalism make sure you tell them a hose split or your machine saturated the house. That's covered but being unprofessional is not.

Many years ago our carpet cleaning association had a blanket policy that covered all our members for everything a carpet cleaner would want. It lasted one year and almost broke the insurance company. They dropped us like a hot potato.

Now that I have explained a few loop holes that I found through experience I would say Honesty is always the Best Policy. Buy insurance and have your policy blister packed and always put it into your quotations. And make sure your customers are aware of your business professionalism.

When they say ABC will do it for $75.00 cheaper don't knock ABC. Just gesture that maybe they have no insurance. That usually plants a positive seed for you.

But this should be an interesting thread. Much to learn and compare.

Edited by Carpetologist
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/December/2004 at 7:43pm

The thing is with insurance... you only have one or maybe two claims before they cancel you....lol

Thats why no has insurance.....lol

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/December/2004 at 11:05pm
I forgot about the compensation payments also.Guitar
Just My opinion
OCC Boss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCC Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2004 at 2:19pm
$1 million liability, $750.00 a year, incase you blow a hose, or someone gets injured. We are incorporated in case someone sues.
H8 DIRT
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2004 at 6:20pm
1 million is not much in this day age incorporated or not.Guitar
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2004 at 6:34pm

nope 1 million goes no where...I have 10 million.... paying about 220 a month...

say if your truck blows up on the driveway and a few house get burnt down and people die....

1 million won't cover your lawsuit

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2004 at 10:23pm
10 million and one million from one extreme to the other?Guitar
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>