Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Hello everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BonnetMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello everyone
    Posted: 20/December/2006 at 3:14pm
I recently started a carpet cleaning company in New Mexico, and I found this site while browsing. I must say, there is a ton of great information on here. I could easily have hours pass by while reading the forums. I'm sure everyone can guess my cleaning method from my name. I look forward to adding everyones input here to the development of my carpet cleaning skills.
Sponsored Links

Ninja-wand View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/December/2006 at 3:32pm
Welcome!! Another couple of good BBS to check out are ...

www.mikeysboard.com  ....This place has tons of straight shooter that will tell you how it is. Many of the  "who's -Who's" of CC frequent and participate on this board.

www.ccsop.com   ...... This place useta be good until they turned it into a nonstop debates over Religion and Politics.

http://www.i-boards.com/ics/ ....CENSORSHIP galore over here. This board is driven by money. And about half of the guys on there are full of phoney baloney.

Btw, And here in Kanadian Country (Kleenkuip). Even though this group is small...We have a good bunch of guys here. You can even learn things from SGK....Just dont give him your credit card number ( I wouldnt even give him my Library card number)LOL

Edited by Ninja-wand - 20/December/2006 at 3:46pm
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!
BonnetMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BonnetMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/December/2006 at 4:08pm
Thanks for the welcome Ninja-Wand! And thanks for taking the time to post all those resources. I'll be sure to check them out.
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/December/2006 at 7:57pm
Welcome BonnetMan,  Clap

Give us the Scoop...
  1. How long have you been a bonnet man?
  2. Why are you sold on it?
  3. Do you clean extremely soiled carpet or moderate?
  4. Are your bonnets synthetic or cotton? There is a big difference in cleaning quality.
  5. What's your opinion?
  6. Have you ever tried oscillation?
  7. How many sq. ft. per hour?
  8. Do you clean residential?
  9. How many bonnets would you use to clean 1000 sq. ft.?
  10. Do people ask if you will steam clean as opposed to bonnet?
  11. You did not think we were going to make you work so hard but we are awaiting your answers.
P.S.
Have you ever considered other cleaning systems?

Have you ever considered using a bonnet that is make from the new amazing microfibers? We hear if its mixed with cotton fibers it is awesome for residential.

Merry Christmas
BonnetMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BonnetMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/December/2006 at 10:53pm
Wow, lots of questions. I will try to answer them in order-
1. Since Jan of this year.
2. I'm not, totally, although the more I do it, the better I get at it.
3. Both, although more soil= more work.
4. 70% rayon and 30% polyfiber blend, and I use a dirt napper a lot of the time to help lift the piles of heavily matted down carpet.
5. My opinion is ever changing, and I am looking for objective information on whatever methods can serve my customers best.
6. I am particularly interested in it.
7. As long as it takes to get the job done. I would say on average 1000 including pre vacuum and pile grooming.
8. That's all I do.
9. Again, depends on how soiled. I would say on average 4-5.
10. I advertise "no steam," so no.
11. That's great, I enjoy the discourse:)

PS. See #5.

WHEW:)

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/December/2006 at 11:45pm
Looks like you passed the test

The STD Meter
davem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2007 at 11:56am
Hello Everyone, I recently purchased a carpet cleaning franchise in Dublin Ireland, and I am looking for help with marketing the business. I put out 20000 leaflets but did not get a great response, just barely covered the cost of printing and delivery. Any ideas on inexpensive advertising and marketing. Any help would be great. Thanks ! Dave Morris
Chemdry Premium
Dave Morris,
319 B Sutton Park,
Sutton,
Dublin 13
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2007 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by davem davem wrote:

Any ideas on inexpensive advertising and marketing. Any help would be great. Thanks ! Dave Morris

Welcome to our site. Clap

We suggest that you go to the Marketing & Promotion Discussion Section of this forum and you will find a few jewels that you are looking for.

opclean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2007 at 10:36am
Welcome Bonnetman. Lotsa good stuff on here.
Cleaning carpets is like a box of chocolate.You dont know what ya got till ya bite into it.
 Post Reply Post Reply