Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Best Media??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Media??
    Posted: 23/March/2004 at 6:56pm
What works best...I want to drop some advertising but I find I get mixed results...sometimes the radio works great sometimes it doesnt...sometimes flyers work great....sometimes YP's work great...but I find nothing consistant.....Does anyone have any ideas???
Sponsored Links

terry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2004 at 7:05pm

Small ads that look like articals in the local papers work the best for us.

The kind that talk about your company in the 3td person.

Tried radio once ,was not the best .Lots of $$$$ for small return.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2004 at 10:35pm

Do you ever get good customers from the local paper???I find that it's all the cheapies...radio(talk radio) you get old people......Yellowpages make the phones ring, but you spend a lot of time answering questions, and just quoting...darn people always looking to price compare...

what makes you say wow...that was worth it

Harvey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2004 at 12:28am
  hey steamer i think maybe it depends on the population of the area you are serving. Being from a community of about 30 000 I did not find yellow pages did a thing for me. Especially seeing they put the wrong phone # in the ad. But whatever the ad was free & I didn't notice any business loss. 
   Lately I have been going hard on radio advertising & business has tripled from every other year. This is the way to go for me ,as well as doing the best possible job I can, because in a community this size everyone is gonna hear about it---good or bad!
    O ya local paper = one time waist of money  IMHO
nightrider. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2004 at 4:31pm
Free giveaways steamer anything works with free give aways
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2004 at 10:10pm
no one has any ideas to post?????cmon guys this is days old
People & Standards You Can Trust
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2004 at 10:37pm
We leave scratch pads.  They have all our services in ligh print on the back ground and our name accross the top.  We used to use magnets some are still around after 15 years.  but the magnet crase on the fridge has gone by thewayside I think I could be wrong.  I was wrong  once but it wasn't my fault. 
dyna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2004 at 1:13pm
i mail all my existing costumers thanksgiving & x-mas cards every year it cost about 300-400 dollars but i get about 40% return costumers. then the next year  for the ones that didnt call i put a coupon in with the cards $10.00 off any service we offer. over$ 110.00 & that seems to get them to call they seem to really like that then tell there freinds that they got a card from there carpet cleaner & they call too.  i send cards to costumers even if they havent booked for 4or5 years they eventually call & book.  but it gets your name out there at the same time.
dyna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2004 at 1:23pm
i used to go in all the small towns phone books and offer no travel charge & city pricing and did alot of work.but i had a catch to it i would not charge travel but they had to get the neighbors & friends min. 4 jobs & no one got charged travel it worked good when i started out now to busy in city to bother but all my old costumers still call & know the deal &  they have 4or5 jobs lined up before they call me its pretty good the costumer dose the leg work for me.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 11:04am
This is one section the real nightrider hasn't posted yet......look some actual information one can use...lol
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 3:17pm

Smile

Edited by nightrider - 22/November/2007 at 11:05am
Harvey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 4:10pm
   What kind of success ratio do you get telemarketing & do you do it yourself or hire someone to do it? Does this not make your business look sleazy? Just a question!
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2004 at 4:47pm

Smile

Edited by nightrider - 22/November/2007 at 11:05am
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2004 at 4:28pm

Telemarketing

Is it for you or not?

You hear many people who use words like I hate those people and despise those who continuously disrupt my privacy by calling me.  Well let me tell you it's the fastest and economical way to get instant business and very fast growth.

I have customers who have taken 3 to 4 years to get their volume to $1000.00 per year. I also have telemarketing customers who reach the same volume in 30 Days.  Yes it works if you have the right personality and can control Telemarketing people.

Now my personal view is that I am very short or sometimes humorous with telemarketers. But the Good Ones I listen too and Learn, Learn, Learn. Sometimes these sales pitch can be invaluable to you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>