Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

OP Unit Cons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OP Unit Cons
    Posted: 03/March/2006 at 9:49pm

Ok !! Op seems to to be the best of cleaning out of Activator and Cimex

I am refering to the CCS Commercial Breeze by Padman which has been upgraded unit. Stronger and more durable. So, I do not want to buy a unit that going to collect dust for approx over  $3000 dollar investment with terry towels , chemicals,& stair tool, Shipping, taxes if any. Currently using a buffer with cotton pads and for commercial green and white stripe pads. To operate one of our vans without a TM what are the cons of an OP unit. Most customers I deal with do not like dry clean due to chem dry s**t cleaning. Firstly I believe looks to simple secondly not intimdating as a TM . I would need to say to a customer if you do not like the results its free. Can it really come through or am I getting my hopes to high. Dammit I want results. Does this op blow away Chem Dry. I have never used one and I live in the Northern California Bay Area. If I buy it I do not want to be stuck with an anchor. As said out here we all use TMs or a buffer and if I challenge one of my carpet cleaning buddies with a buffer will it kick there a**.And I own two buffers as it is 17 inch .So again in all honestly what are the cons? Thanks!!!

Residentially thick carpets ???

Commercially ????

Extreme soiling, Commercial greasy restaurants.  ????

Edited by 77748
Sponsored Links

Ninja-wand View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2006 at 10:08pm

77748, I have the New Upgraded Breeze. Its a good machine...But its not a magical machine (Meaning it wont produce miracles). For heavily soiled areas, I would always go back to the truckmount. Because OP has it's limits.

As for comparing Chem-dry to OP. First off, Let me say that I really dont know much about Chem-dry. BUt, From what I've heard...Chem-dry leaves residue and just doesnt clean as good compared to OP.

BTW, YOu can get learn alot more and  get answres from guys with more experience than I in Padderland.

77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2006 at 10:12pm
Thats the problem I have not seen the machine out here any op to be honest in Northern California Bay Area. My TM vendor keeps saying trust me you do not want an OP and this is even after the fact I bought the TM because I asked him to put some on display. You would think he want to make more money. he had them along time ago. Wouln't reccomend them again.

Edited by 77748
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2006 at 10:52pm

Your truckmount vendor obviously havent used  OP in awhile. Im sure the OP machine (and chemical) he used in the past is Nowhere close to the ones avaliable today.

Next time you see him, Find out which machine he used in the pass and ask him why he didnt like it.

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2006 at 1:13am
what's wrong with the activator?
A.K.A.
Andy
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2006 at 1:53am
According to Jonh Guerkink, The Activator is basically a Hruby (under a different name). The Hruby is a knockoff of the OLD CCS op machines and it's slower compared to the current units availiable..

Edited by Ninja-wand
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2006 at 12:40pm
so the manufacturer/salesman would never steer you away from what he sells?
A.K.A.
Andy
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2006 at 2:37pm

There is nothing wrong with the Activator. It is especially well priced and well made from what our customers tell us.

It is being redesigned and manufacturing is in dry dock until mid April.

As said before if you are looking for faster production in larger areas then look at Padmans larger units or Cimex for even faster and easier cleaning.

Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2006 at 9:13pm

But Ted, The CCS Machine arent really "larger" its only 17". The only thing that is stronger is the motor.  The Cimex would be the ticket for large comm. jobs and not for residential.

Im gonna drop by my Supply house next week  and try my hand on the Hruby (Activator) and see for myself.

Steaminpile, John always welcome hands on comparasion...He doesnt just exspect you believe what he says.  Of course if what he tell people is not true...he'll lose all credibility.

BTW Ted, Cimex is an Encap Monster...BUt, it doesnt do OP

Edited by Ninja-wand
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2006 at 1:02am

You are the man Ninja ! Even though you own a unit you are out to find out as well what is the best there is, best there was, and best there ever will be. Warrior! 

Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2006 at 6:00pm
HEy! isnt that Bret "THe Hitman" Hart's line?!
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2006 at 7:08pm
He is retired it is Ninja Wands Line. Regarding all these OP's , Activators and ect.   To be the man you have to beat the man with an OP   Cause thats the bottom line cause Ninja Wand said so

Edited by 77748
Dennis Conner View Drop Down
SGK Basher
SGK Basher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Conner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2006 at 3:46pm

Opie is okay for light maintaince cleaning...would you want to always wipe your ass after you sh*t, but never take a shower to really wash it and get it clean???

womens issues too...just imagine!

HWE gets it clean....wipe between cleanings...Opie is an interm process, at best!

There is an opie only guy in the valley...a really odd sort of a guy, I think it goes with the territory!

Edited by Dennis Conner
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2006 at 4:03pm

To add to Dennis Conners analogy..

The more mechanical hand action and the more paper you use the cleaner it becomes. So OP is not like Bonnet Cleaning where you can get away with using one or two Bonnets.

You will require using serious numbers of cotton pads to clean with. Especially in a very soiled area.

Edited by Carpetologist
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>