Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Scotchgard and Teflon Fabric Protection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Fabric Protectors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fabric Protectors
    Posted: 22/February/2004 at 8:36pm
The only problem with fabric protectors is that most cleaners only know what is on the lable.  And they can't even follow the instructions on the jug.  All they know is easy money.  That makes it a hard sell for properly trained technicians  when the previous cleaned used the old bull baffles brains to make his commission not knowing just what rhe limitations or expectations can be expected from the product he or she just applied and what if any problems it may caues in the future.  Go back to the old adds extrax to clean  berber and stainmaster carpets.  I could go on but i have my point.  Again this is my opinion.
Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 10:28pm

What the heck is this guy saying, or trying to say. I had to read that paragraph 3 times and I still don't know what he's talking about. take a deep breath and lie down DOUG.......everything will be o.k. the last time I saw a Jug of anything was back in the 60's except for the girl I saw the other day downtown. Doug you would have been happy with those Jugs, and trust me you wouldn't read the label either, you would just jump in and smother yourself in it.

jack from montreal     aka      NIGHTRIDER

steamdragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2004 at 8:21pm

I charge 100% of the cleaning price! How much do you charge?

Steamdragon the hotter the better.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2004 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by steamdragon steamdragon wrote:

I charge 100% of the cleaning price! How much do you charge?

If your cleaning price is $0.15 per sq ft. you are about right.  I see most of you apply scotchguard that should be worth anout .10 sq. ft.  I prefer to use Scotchgard there is adifference.

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2004 at 9:01am

We charge 100% too.  It's by the room rate 23-25 dollars.....So if we clean for 25 we gard for 25.  75% on furniture.

btw I thought they stop making Scotchgard????non biodegradable

People & Standards You Can Trust
Cd-Ron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cd-Ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2004 at 10:45am

I charge 50% of the cleaning and we use Dupont Teflon Advanced.

Take Care

-Ron H.

Americancarpet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americancarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2004 at 11:26pm
I charge 100% of the cleaning charge. I've also found it very helpful to give them something to read after you leave. By that I mean.....I've printed out a small info sheet pertaining to whatever service they asked for. On it, I list the product that was used and what certain things they can expect from the product. Something general to answer most questions they might have. Works great andn shows that you care enough to make sure they understand the product.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2004 at 9:21am
This guy is pretty classy....I like his style
Shortwun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortwun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2004 at 2:15pm

You people must have a different product over there.

Down here, we had SCOTCHGARD without the U.

Is there another product on the market with a similar brand name, as I see this one referred to more often??

Enquisitive

Cheers,

Shortwun.

Edited by Shortwun
The short, round, mound of sound, from up top, down under, with a comment on anything and everything.
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2004 at 2:50pm
No , just fifferences in peoples ability to speel around here Shorty. lol
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2004 at 3:16pm
Shortwun:  There is a great difference.  3M Scotchgard is the brand name recconnized world over. Scotchguard is a fake kind of a generic of the real thing. Ken, I thought even you would know something as clear as that. Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 4:19pm
I though it was just the spelling...gard guard potatoes Pototoes
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2004 at 5:10pm
Mr. Steamer:  Know you know.  Right from the horse's mouth.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 2:01pm
And what a big mouth you have Mr. Horse.....lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>