Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Liability Waiver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liability Waiver
    Posted: 04/July/2004 at 8:43pm
 Could someone please e-mail me a copy of  a liability waiver. My customer would prefer to leave a gas fireplace in instead of removeing it & the contaminated gyproc from behind the fireplace.
         advanced.cleaning@sasktel.net

Edited by Harvey
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2004 at 9:06pm
Harvey:  Is this an insurance claim.  A typed waiver does not mean much as the old "I thought I hired a compentent contractor" comes back to haunt you.  One way or another the fireplace has to come out.  Sometimes you either have to get your way or the highway.  If you can't do the job you can't do the job.  I have run into this several times. The fireplace is installed after the room is finished over carpet the whole nine yards.  BUT before I leave the fireplace either goes or I do!!!!!!!!!!  Do you have the Water Damage Standards?  Again is this a claim or private work?  The job must be done to the same standards regardless.  Sorry if I rained on your parade.Guitar
Just My opinion
Harvey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2004 at 9:49pm
  Doug, yes this is a insurance claim & yes I do have the S500. If the customer does not want to take out the fireplace I do believe I should walk away from the claim as well. I am just concerned about my time that i have invested in the job so far, as all the rest of the walls have been opened up & cleaned, as well as the contents, etc.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2004 at 10:31pm
Harvey:  Have you explained this to the adjuster?  If he agrees with the homeowner than you say you would like him to except all responsibility regarding the claim and you would like his signature to verify he is excepting the libablitiy regarding the claim. If he disagrees with that than you go to the home owner present him with a direction of payment for your services to date thank him get his singnature present your bill to the adjuster and explain you can go no further. Did you do a scope before you started and get an authorization to complete the emergency services including the demolition?  The situation regarding the fireplace should have been brought at the beginning of the job.Guitar
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply