Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Over the Border Benefits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Over the Border Benefits
    Posted: 12/July/2004 at 9:14pm

Do you shop over the border and is it beneficial to you in the long run after paying taxes and custom fees.

I know that buying equipment you have to be very careful on how this will effect the warranty.

Which problems have you run into?    (Buyer Beware) 

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2004 at 10:09pm
Adwa;  I used to attend all my seminars over the boarder and buy what ever I could. I am closer to Detroit than TO. But that was before my horse died.  In this day with our paso (dollar) being worthless It would be insane to figure savings.Guitar
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2004 at 4:16pm

mail order....just insure it ..... works fine for me... and if you get it sent us postal ..no duty or taxes...it's great....with the dollar going back up, its worth to look at US goods again...

Hope I haven't offended anyone

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2004 at 6:19pm

For shoppers who purchase equipment over the border should realize that U.S. manufactured equipment is generally not approved by the CSA (Canadian Standards Association). This is a protection agency designed to protect you the buyer and especially your customer. If for instance your carpet cleaning equipment should ever start a fire in your customers home and burn down or even kill someone you will become liable. If the family gets a lawyer who digs up the facts that your equipment is in this country illegally with no seals of approval.

Well by now you should have gotten the message. If not have a plane ticket ready for the islands. Canadian rules are generally more stringent than that of the U.S. Especially when it comes to electricity and water.

How about a baby that mistakingly puts its hand into and unauthorized air mover. Hope you enjoy that island paradise. By the way, is your insurance paid up?

This is a message to scare you into buying Canadian goods that are CSA Approved.

LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2004 at 8:25pm

Ted you jump way ahead of yourself.

I bet most people don't realize most American products are wired ready for 20AMP service.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2004 at 9:43pm
la da  la la la...everywhere I go.... I want to post, but will not..
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2004 at 9:55pm
Mr. Steamer:  Are you having a chemical imbalance.  Have your meds wore off?  Are you having HIDE withdrawals or what?  What the hell kind of post is that??? Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2004 at 10:14pm

Well if Lee has posted on this one already, why say something thats going to be wrong.  My post says it all....I DON'T AGREE..... My prochem unit isn't CSA approved...at least I don't see a sticker anywhere....my hoses???my wand???my blower??? and I'm quite sure if something happened my liability insurance will pick up the tab.  CSA approved when most stuff comes from the states anyways...try and get a major part...where does it come from...????

let me guess...THE STATES...  CSA approved is only a minor detail, which an isurance company may or may not look at during a claim. 

Say if the sticker fell off??? are they able to check the make and model to see weather it was CSA approved....I think not..

I do my homework.... it has NOT been worth it to buy from the states in the last few years because of the exchange...but if the dollar hits .80 cents... I'll be singing...

OH SAY CAN YOU SEEEEEEEE....WHAT I GOT FROM THE STATES.... I PURCHASED ONLINE AND IT WAS HERE RIGHT ON TIMEEEEEEE

FROM THE LAND OF THE CHEAP....AND THE HOME OF THE MANUFACTURER

PLAY BALL

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2004 at 10:51pm
Mr. Steamer:  There is no Electrical approvals for truckmounts. But there are many electrical gadgets made right here and shipped to the US.  So depending hwere you buy it, it may be legal or illegal.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2004 at 1:06am

My ninja isn't either....nor is my blower or rotor

The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2004 at 12:40pm

Steamer

The Government I don't worry about regarding CSA. They are not swift enough to catch you. And believe me many carpet cleaners are cleaning with non-approved equipment. Now a swift lawyer looking for a large commission that's a different story.

He will skin you alive and take the bread from your children. Every lawyer should have a pimp for a brother. Someone he could look up to. Maybe this could be a sales pitch when your potential customer says the other guy will clean it cheaper. Your answer could be "MAYBE THE OTHER GUY HAS NO INSURANCE OR HIS EQUIPMENT HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED FOR CANADIAN USE".

Keep ahead of the curve, its about getting the job.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2004 at 4:35pm

This is all true Ted....but unless the customer is dealing with a big company they don't bother,  half the time they can't find the guy who did the damage...or he has no money even if they do get a settlement...

The guy files bankrupt...and it's over... next week he has a new name and new number....calling all his old customer to advise them of the change, except the ones he screwed...lol

CSA very minor I wouldn't worry about, If you need a piece of electrical equipment from the states and it's cheaper..get it

do you think any of the big bottling plants like Pepsi, molson, minute maid etc. I can tell you 99% of their equipment comes from the states and not one piece is CSA

scare tactics if you ask me

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2004 at 5:53pm

Good Information just to be aware when purchasing.

I thought I would get more horror stories regarding the duties and taxes custom charges. I understand the postal service is no problem but what about bringing equipment over the border when your just a one man company 

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2004 at 8:21pm

Yes Steamer its true the little guy buys cheap and sells his service cheap. He's not good for the industry. As he is passing through to make a quick buck he gives the dedicated cleaner a black eye.

The big guys can't afford not to buy CSA. As everyone wants to sue City Hall where the money is.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>