Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Floods,Floods and more Floods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floods,Floods and more Floods
    Posted: 16/July/2004 at 7:01am

Who won't be sleeping for the next few weeks.

Mother Nature sure loves to pass by Toronto.

Should we Thank God    or not

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2004 at 7:58am
Mother nature has hit North, South and East of us.  We have had rain but nothing like the counties around us.Guitar
Just My opinion
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2004 at 4:06pm

Don't look at having your carpets cleaned this weekend. Most cleaners are in Peterborough flood sucking.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2004 at 10:10pm

Ha ha ha ha......I'm still here.....Steamdragon went without me...lol I have some big jobs on Saturday that I couldn't get out of...

Plus Service master is only pay 70 bucks per hour...GTA is Paying 80 bucks but a 60-120 day wait, Sears is paying 45% per the job, Concord is along with GTA 80 bucks.....

do I want to get my feet wet for 70-80 bucks per hours....naaawww

I think I'll just go up as Mr. Steamer and knock on a few doors...this way I'll get cash...and I won't have to share....

btw Ted I'm not doing any restoration...just suckin up the water...the rest someone else will do

Edited by MR. STEAMER
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2004 at 10:23pm
Mr. Steamer:  I wouldn't get my feet wet for those slave wages for a tm.  That is an insult.  Weekend rates , emergency after hours, possible black and grey water secenarios. Even twice the amounts you list would be a deal.Guitar
Just My opinion
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2004 at 10:43pm

Its all black water guys.

Just had two crews come back  from helping a friend in the restoration business out that way. 

Can only spare two crews tomorrow and four on Sunday.

Its more about helping out than the money. Every place we sucked the water out of had the neighbours out begging us to do theirs.

Funny thing is Matt (WE DRY) is out in Edmonton with a ton of his equipment. Supposedly a bunch will be here tomorrow.

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2004 at 9:41am

It's good to hear someone say it's about helping out Lee. I'm no fool I know it's also about the money but when a city or town is under State Emergency it means they are in need of dire help.

It's easy to state an opion on what you are willing to do the work for when your safe in your dry home (You want the big Bucks) but I bet if you were face to face with a family knee high in water begging you to help them out you wouldn't be saying pay up first or its a no go.

Compassion will out weigh Greed in the long run. You should of went with Steam Dragon Steamer maybe you could of used a taste of this reality.

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2004 at 2:37pm
Gee Awda lets not forget common sence: There are black water situations maybe the dumb rug succker has no idea just what in hell he is in for. No body is there for the love of working for nothing.  So lets get that strait. The point is the large companies are not passing on their extra cash to help protect the workers????????????Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2004 at 4:11pm

I'm still here...I LOVE to hear some people talk about helping out, why can't some of you just stand up and say ITS ABOUT THE DOLLARS... I would respect that more....

Y'all know that most of this isn't covered by the insurance.....Insurance only covers water damage if it comes up out of the sewers.  So a lot of these people are paying out of pocket and hope to be reinbursed...

I feel bad of these people, but like everything carpet sucking costs money

Large companies run subs douggie....do you really think they care???When your sick or down they just call someone else off the list

Getting ready to Roll

Mr. Steamer Nasty Water Sucker Cleaner

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2004 at 4:20pm
Mr. Steamer: I believe that was my point.  Money  You cannot finance people's claims.  We do the same if in doubt we move on if after nogiations we are at an impass.  I am only there to assist with cleanup not finance it.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2004 at 5:01pm
I know it was doug...I was just reinforcing
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2004 at 8:19pm

At this point its just suck as much water as possible, yank carpet, cut out drywall and sub floors, spray some quats or glutes and get drying equipment in.

In other words, preventing mould growth.

Now I bet all the hassle involved for me with doing this and the very low profit will somehow once again open me up to accusations of deception and lies. But some people believe it is all about being a good citizen.

What you see on television isn't what you see when you get there. No floating poop and the places don't stink. 

Its a desperate scene there, neighbours of the people we are servicing begging for us to come to them next. Everyone has to throw in a bit to prevent secondary damage and mould. Although for the unscrupulous thats exactly what they want----mould.

Now fire away at my stupidity guys.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2004 at 10:30pm

Sounds good to me Lee.... Hows it going with the insurance claims... or is everyone paying their own ways...

with every carpet cleaner out of town this week I am expecting to be busy...lol

Edited by MR. STEAMER
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2004 at 3:14pm

For those of you in Peterborough who still need help and equipment call Kleen Kuip. We have people with truckmounts who are looking for work.

We also have for sale:

10 - 3 Speed Air Movers
1 - Continuous Flow Flood Master Pumper

Hurry they won't last!

Edited by Carpetologist
 Post Reply Post Reply