Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Questions regarding Superglide and OP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 8:54pm

Well Van, I will enlighten you why people spend $149 to $159 for our SS and SST glides over a cheap $12.50 glide. The Superglide was developed to do lots of things the Easy Glide can not. First of all it will actually glide well. The Easyglide locks down to the carpet under high vacuum load and becomes hard to push. That is because it has a flat bottom on it that causes this lock-down to occur.I know this cause I used to both use them and sell these wands. The Superglide does not. The round bottom on it will not lock down on any carpet. What it does do is glide over the carpet with less than 1/2 to 1/3 the effort of the Easyglide wand. It is made of a Teflon composite material with lower friction than the Delrin plastic Easy Glide is made from. The Superglide moves over the airflow at the carpet than the Easyglide does. 188 cfm to 88 cfm in a test I did a year ago. This happens because it does not lock down. The Superglide removes more water and soil from the carpets as well due to the vacuum slot on the glide being closer to the carpet back. This allows a greater percentage of the water to be removed. Carpet dry times of this glide are close to 1 hour to two hours. I received a call to taday from a user in AZ that said the carpets were completly dry to the touch in  the 1st room after he finished the 4th room an hour later. The customer was estatic at the results. I am putting a page of testimonials together so people can hear the results from users themselves.The SST Superglide has a long life of three years to it, whereas the easyglide will be worn out and scratched up in one. The Superglide is so much easy to push that the people using it report production increases of 30% or more . That saves them thousands per year.The Superglide is totally removeable as it slips over the lips of the wand. You can take it off if it ever breaks and still clean with the wand underneath the glide. The Easyglide will not work if you break it, or need to take it off cause it has no lips under it to use on the carpet.

Anyway, that is why people will pay more than $12.50 for our glide.

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Sponsored Links

Bjørn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 9:06pm
I do have to admit

ken did make improvements on the EZ Glide glide both curtis and I use it

because I still use one on comm carpet

and the round glide does work better on domestic carpet

Problem is for Kens glides to fit the EZ type glide you have to retro fit steel lips. PITA

If you dont have a problem with glue you can make a glide with out lips.

I even have my own CNC machine which I got used and had to take a class at the tech school just to learn how to use it. with out the Class it is just a big drill press. LOL

Ken still needs to take a class in physics to learn how pos and neg flow really work.LOL

Edited by Bjørn
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 9:36pm
Good job on getting the booster built, Terry. That was one of your better ideas that I have seen along with the heat shield you came up with. I have no problem giving credit where credit is due.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
vandene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vandene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 10:16pm

Ken,

I appreciate the information on the difference and a rounded surface makes sense, but that would bring up the issue that I could easily round off the flat surface of my easy glide boot. If the only other issue is it last a year versus 3 I am looking at $37.50 ($12.50 X 3) and  little time in retroffiting. Compared to $159.00 seems like a better way to go.

Bottom line however is that I feel there is even a cheaper way to create the extra flow I am looking for. Maybe just to elevate the lips ever so slightly off the ground with some teflon strips on each side leaving the ends slighty open or the hole ports I originally put in question.

Anyway, I would still appreciate any comments from people that have done similar things and what results they got. If you would care to e-mail me with that information instead of bantering back and forth on this board, I would certainly prefer to do without the bickering myself. Just looking for some help in keeping this thing simple and inexpensive without a lot of sales pitches and such.

You can e-mail me at either van@cleantileandcarpet.com or vandene@consultant.com or call me at 502-724-3400. Thank you in advance for any help you can give. God bless and take care,       Van

Serving others while serving Him,
Bjørn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 10:19pm
Now just cut out the BS and outragious claims and let the end users do the talking!

Once you take a physics class it will open your eyes

there are laws of mother nature you cant get around.

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2004 at 10:32pm
Van: You can't modify the Easyglide to make it work like a Superglide. Not possible. I have tried to do that in every possible way myself already. It will not stop being up to 4X harder to push, it will never move the high airflow, nor dry carpet as quick. People that have both know this. You would know this if you tried the two of them side by side. Never going to know it by talking about it.

Edited by Superglide Ken
vandene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vandene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2004 at 6:03am

Ken,

The bottom line is I am looking for an easier way to increase the 200 cfm without spending that kind of money. If I were interested in bumping up my residential systems' costs, I would do it with higher water lift, not a glide on the wand.

I am simply asking this board if they have any ideas about how to port an existing wand to increase the cfm flow by stopping the natural seal that seems to kill airflow when placed on most carpets.

If I don't hear from others on how to do this, I will simply attempt it myself and will let you know later what I found.

If your glides are as good as you say they are, the truth will reveal that in time. If not, they will reveal that as well. I am not really even questioning their ability to glide, agitate and increase flow like you say they do, I simply question if that price is that justifiable or if it couldn't be done a lot cheaper.

I do wish you the best in your endeavors and pray you will conduct your marketing in an honest and forthright way.

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2004 at 10:55am
I am doing that Van, but who said you would pay that kind of money for my product. That is retail. As an OEM of a product , your cost would be less than 1/2 of that.I am going to be supplying many OEMs in the months and years ahead.
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2004 at 1:53pm

I for one would never find the time to copy someone's product just to get it cheaper and save a hundred or so dollars. I see carpet cleaners under a truck modifying, building and doing frustrating things when they should be out cleaning and making money at their profession.

Carpet cleaners don't make money under a truck with tools in the hand.

Allow a guy like Ken his due profit. Feed him. His head is full of ideas for our industry. Let him loose. Who knows what he will come up with next. No one else has the time so feed him. He already has indicated that time is not his problem, money is.

So feed him.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2004 at 4:31pm

I can't believe you just said that Ted..... I don't agree

To make it in this business you have to be able to handle all aspects of the business... from the phones and customer service to the cleaning....You need to be able to handle everything so you don't get taken for a ride....nothing wrong with making your own modification... if you have to run to a repair man for everything you'll go out of business

I'll let the lawn guy cut my lawn...and the gardener tend to my garden....the the house keeper keep my house clean... and I'll clean carpet to pay them....

vandene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vandene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2004 at 7:24pm

Ken,

Your offer to sell to me as an OEM is generous and I would be interested in knowing how much less than half you are talking about and probably order a glide to check it out.

I probably would be interested in using it in my higher priced models. The reason I have been asking about modifying the wand however is not to take away from anyone invention, but to keep my economy system as economical as possible.

I never thought I would ever even be able to compete in the residential market, but the Lord has blessed me with parts that work with my invention so well I am able to build a complete system using my straight flow model (like Steamin Demon, but different in structure) including hoses, injection sprayer, electric floor scrubber, vacuum with pump-out, stainless steel wand, pump-out hose and more for well under $1,000.00 enabling me to sell it for $995.00 while still making a substantial profit. Every dollar I spend on parts makes that more difficult.

I originally opened up this board to see if the reason your superglide increased the flow was because it stopped the wand from making a total seal (which as I have stated before, seems to kill the cfm benefit) on the carpet.

I was simply wondering if venting the wand somehow might provide the same advantage. Nothing more.

As a person that helps others with their ideas at no charge because of all the money I wasted going through the school of hard knocks myself, the last thing I am trying to do is take away business from or anyone else. I am honest in my evaluations however, and was simply being honest with you in my comments.

I will have many models available with just about any option a person can want including pressure, heat, cfm and water lift. They are all continous flow systems giving me a heads up on many portables to start with. I will most likely be dealing myself with those that would try to copy me and are already discussing post infringement stratedgies before officially even launching the thing.

I do wish you the best and would be interested in trying out one of your glides. If it is half as good as you say it is and you can give me a good OEM price on it, I would be honored to carry it in my inventory.

God bless and in the words of Rodney King (even though he probably was guilty) "can't we all just get along?"

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2004 at 8:36pm
Van: That is exactly what it does. A normal wand rests on thin SS lips that cover an area of approx 1 sq inch. When the vacuum is applied to such a wand, these thin lips lock down tightly to the carpet, chocking off the airflow. By adding the glide to the wand, however, the surface area is increased to at least 4 sq inches to the carpet allowing the wand(glide lips) to sit an average of 1/16" higher on the carpet. This small increase is enough to let almost double the airflow into the wand without locking down.It becomes impossible to do so. Couple that with the lowest friction material on Earth and a shape that is designed to glide on the carpet, and you can understand what I am talking about.
gmoney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2004 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by vandene vandene wrote:

God bless and in the words of Rodney King (even though he probably was guilty) "can't we all just get along?"

What?  Are you kidding me?  I have been following your posts since you have become a member of our board.  I have respected your views up until now.  Your knowledge has impressed me to the point of looking forward to your next post BUT today you have fallen from grace in my eyes.  Those words you wrote disgust me. 

What does his guilt or innocence have to do with the unneccesary beating that was bestowed upon him? 

Why don't you read this:

Holliday's camera records Powell and Wind inflicting over fifty baton blows and several kicks.  It also records Officer Briseno stomping on King's shoulder, causing his head to hit hard against the asphalt.

Shortly before 1 A.M., Koon typed a message into his in-car computer: "U just had a big time use of force.  Tased and beat the suspect of CHP pursuit."  Powell also reported the incident on his computer--in a seemingly boastful way that would come to haunt the defense.  Powell typed, "I haven't beaten anyone this bad in a long time." It wasn't Powell's only controversial message that night.  Later, investigators would discover another message sent shortly before the King arrest in which he described the scene of a domestic disturbance involving African-Americans as right out of "Gorillas in the Mist." 

By the way, all 4 officers caught on video tape were found not guilty due to "lack of evidence".  Riots were caused because of this.  So to answer your question, we all can get along without ignorant viewpoints such as yours.  Why couldn' t you just say "in the words of Rodney King 'can't we all just get along' "   

If you know what is good for you get it dry as quickly as possible
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/October/2004 at 12:31am
Good Post, G-Money! I too see it the way you do, but due to my poor computer search skills, could not have put it as logically as you just did. I too was disappointed to see Van stray into the area of unfounded opinion, from what was looking like a guy that has a very innovative mind. It certainly detracts from the more important topic he is trying to convey to us.

Edited by Superglide Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>