Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Padman�s System vs. Bonnet #2 Video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Padman�s System vs. Bonnet #2 Video
    Posted: 19/October/2004 at 12:25pm

Padman's System vs. Bonnet #2

The following is a demo performed to observe the differences between OP (Oscillating Pad) and Bonnet Cleaning.

Click here
Click here for video and demo pics.

You be the judge.
We always welcome your comments.

Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2004 at 1:23pm
Hell I am impressed!!!!!!!!!Guitar
Just My opinion
rmarkham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmarkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2004 at 1:45pm

The question that I have is what type of op machine was used in this test ? I am a rotary man so I was impressed with the pictures. But in all fairness I know there are too many variables to say the rotary won. In any case thank you for taking the time to perform this test and post the results .

diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2004 at 1:54pm

The machine used in the video was an orbitec 1hp

Hopefully next week we'll have our Conqueror and we will put it against the orbitec an see  the difference.

DIVA

THE DIVA
diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2004 at 1:59pm

Ron

We have actually used the rotary and Op in a hallway during one of our jobs just to see what the results would be. OP won hands down.

Cleaner and dryer carpet, less effort and time. No fighting a machine it really glides smoothly and effectively.

We even tried putting a pad on the rotary, Still no comparison. it didn't lift the carpet fibres therefore less cleaning was done. The pad on the rotary was grey the OP pad was Black! nuff said!!

Diva

THE DIVA
rmarkham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmarkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2004 at 4:45pm
Thanks Diva I am considering purchasing one of Johns machines .The reason I asked what brand of op machine was used is because I have heard that Johns machines outperform all other op machines . By the way I just put my real name in my profile so how did you know my real name when you posted earlier?

Edited by rmarkham
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2004 at 5:12pm
 It all depends on the rotarty machine... the general is a real light machine.. I wanna see the op againts a service master dead weight rotor machine
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2004 at 5:15pm

I watched the video, had a couple of problems, first off there is WAY too much prespray on the carpet. Remember, using COTTON pads you use LESs chemical plus you do NOT want to have anything keep the cotton from absorbing.

Secondly the Orbitec does not offer the 40% more oscillation that the Conqueror does which of course not only decreases cleaning times but increases the quality of the cleaning.

For years our CCS Oscillator was the standard, but three years ago when we came out with the Conqueror series we found that at that point not only did we clean considerable better and deeper than a rotary but also quicker with a 15" Conqueror than with a 17" rotary.

I was challenged to a test against Steve Smith in Tenn. He had been a CHemDry cleaner for years and he challenged my 15" OP against his 17" rotary. Here are the pics and his comments.

RE: OP vs Rotary Test Pics
Posted by
Steven L. Smith on April 28, 2003 - 06:47 PM

The Conqueror kicks some serious butt!

OP is changing for the better very, very quickly... John, Jamie, and I came up with some new ideas concerning OP cleaning that is going to CHANGE EVERYTHING.

I won't comment on the coming changes yet, but some excellent changes are on the way soon.

Go get'em Bonny Joy!!!

Steve

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2004 at 5:26pm

Steve was using the Heavy 17" rotary that ChemDry sells.

We worked the EXACT same amount of time.

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2004 at 5:28pm

Padman... the pic on your board really illustrates the scrubbing action of your op machine... I have no doubt that it'll work better than a rotor machine...

but I'm pretty good with my rotor... I do things to it to make the soiling come out...

you have those brushes that really push the terry pad into the carpet, on the whole OP is a better set-up...

when are you coming to the GTA????

diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2004 at 9:45pm
Posted: 29 September 2004 at 12:20pm | IP Logged Report Post Quote rmarkham

My name is Ron not John it seems that for some reason you think I am John(maybe John.G) I believe my phone number is in my profile if you would like to call and verify who I say I am ! "

RON:

That was posted some time ago. I read ALL posts not just the ones pretaining to OP or ME!! So That is how I knew your name!

Thought I was CIA huh??

SECRET AGENT DIVA LOL

THE DIVA
Bjørn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2004 at 9:45pm
I am waiting for kens all new pad machine

how long will my wait be.

Johns so UGlY the dirt just runs and hides in the corners

you cant compete with that!
diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2004 at 9:48pm

oh and I can't wait til we get our conqueror next week!!! 

KENTUCKY HERE WE COME!!

THINK I RAVE ABOUT OP NOW...  DOUG YOUR GONNA WANNA PUKE!  LOL

DIVA

THE DIVA
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2004 at 11:20pm

Gmoney... wow do you think it's wise to let your wife post her pic here... damn G shes hot........lol

No wonder you're doing so well... if Diva says it ....men will listen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>