Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

rotovac360 or rx-20

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rotovac360 or rx-20
    Posted: 02/June/2011 at 1:57am
I have a RX-20 and i think it cleans great, but wanted to know how the roto vac compairs to it? 
Sponsored Links

77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/August/2011 at 9:11pm
I would pick the Rotovac i360 over the Sherman tank any day. Its lighter. Rotovac 360i cleans excellent. My only little problem is screws on handle comes loose
Hysterical

minor problem that I will just solve by installing two nuts instead of one and go balls to the wall.
Jim Martin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2011 at 9:02am
It all depends on what you are using to run the 360i....if you are running a lighter weight machine or a portable..then you will be OK...anything that has power behind it then the 360i is no more then a door stop....it will get sucked down into the carpet because there is no support on the bottom plate and then the jets will not allow the water to spray correct....it will do nothing but leave bad streaking...

I have been testing the Hoss 700 for about a week now...so far I am finding that it works better then the RX and has a few more advantages....
Jim Martin
FrancisF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrancisF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2011 at 8:35pm
Isn't the rotovac only plumbed for 1.5 inch hose too. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2011 at 9:52pm
 the 360i is set up for a 2 inch hose....
Jim Martin
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2011 at 11:09pm
I guess I need to try a Hoss. Although I use the 360i using my TM and
it is very impressive. Minimum effort giving me carpet restoration. White Flag Waver
No real complaints.
Buckeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/November/2011 at 1:52am
Hey Jim

Purchase the Hoss a week ago and last weekend was the first time using it. I am currently using it with a Ninja 150 (non heated)  dual vacuum portable with 25 ft of hose - but looking into getting a internal heater installed soon. I found that it worked well for what I was doing (CGD) inside a Pharmacy (real dirty carpets). However I did find that carpets were too wet, but after bonnet drying it (add adding Brown Out) and leaving the air movers on, it came out really good.
I did take out the filter orifice in the Hoss, because many a person who have use it found it useless - should put the screen back in to solve over-wetting carpets? Anyway is there anything else I could be doing or have to make the Hoss more effiecient with the Ninja extractor - (maybe installing 2 - dual vacs to get more suction) What do you think?

Thanks in advance!
"Let us Do Your "Dirty" Work

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/November/2011 at 7:40am
you need to put the disk and the filter back in...the disk is going to help slow the water down and prevent over wetting..the filter will and only catches anything to help prevent the jets from getting clogged....

you need to put the .48 disk in..this would be the best one for the Ninja that you are using...

give that a try and let me know...
Jim Martin
frankie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/November/2011 at 2:22pm
I have used rotary extractors on occasion but have yet to see hardly any benefit to them. A regular 175 machine with brush  or bonnet to agitate with works fine. The drying times are better also. The cost of these rotary extractors also does not help. Then to many use them to scrub with, and then buy an extra brush to improve the cleaning?
frankie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/November/2011 at 5:14pm
it is all in the set up...most will take the thing out of the box and hit the floor running with it and not get its full potential....if set up right then you can do everything a 175 and a wand can do all in one shot.....

most important thing to remember...the rotary just flushes and extracts....its the chemicals that do all the work....
Jim Martin
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/November/2011 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Buckeye Buckeye wrote:

Hey Jim

Purchase the Hoss a week ago. I am currently using it with a Ninja 150 (non heated)  dual vacuum portable with 25 ft of hose -  Anyway is there anything else I could be doing or have to make the Hoss more effiecient with the Ninja extractor - (maybe installing 2 - dual vacs to get more suction) What do you think?

Thanks in advance!
So you would have 4 vacs when installing 2 more? No dont do that too many amps and cords. Are they 2 or 3 stage you have now?
You could replace your old vacs with these 2 stage 119956 Ametek Lambs CFM=130, Lift=148, AirWatts=653 they do run 16 amps each. Those are powerful 2 stage. And get a booster.Cool
Buckeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/November/2011 at 11:17pm
Thanks Jim

I'll reinstall the two and get back to you.
Buckeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/November/2011 at 11:29pm
Hi John

I have the 2 stage, but I would like to install just a 3 stage now (which I feel would do good) I don't like you say want to have to many cords to plug in in addition to the internal heater i want to set up and the Hoss plug and hoses. I most likely will go with the 3 stage and definitely get the booster (I read up on that) + my dealer said that would make a good addition for my set up.

On a different note what conditioner is everyone using now I know there is preference but just wondering if one is better than the other. I am using Esteam's CBS prespray but I also have left over Esteam Suspend. What do all of you use?

Salute!
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/November/2011 at 1:43am
Hey Buckeye the reason i mentioned those 2 stage is because they have more vac power than most 3 stage's.... Which 3 stage are you thinking on getting?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>