Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

OP Cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 30>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 5:59pm

The thing Padman doesn't know is that I've been in manufacturing for years... I know what a motor cost... and how much it cost to get fabricated parts, really it's all about quantity...

Why doesn't anyone want to admit that they make money... Thank Ken for admitting...

How much is it going to cost you Ken to make your op's out of Mexico??

Sponsored Links

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 6:08pm

OK, let's get this straight, so many people THINK manufacturers make a bunch of money off their equipment, however I and several others had laid out that we DON'T.  Is it because we don't sell for well over the COST of building? Heck no, we have too, that is expected. What so many do NOT take into account is that by the time, packing, warehousing, warranty, advertising etc have been paid, the machines themselves do NOT MAKE MONEY.

I also can answer for myself Ken, you don't need to do that.

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 6:18pm
i don't think padmans machines are over priced at all. in fact i plan on buying a package from him.... talk to you soon padman.
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 7:00pm

Why is it that we all want to brag about our profit. But do not want anyone else to show a profit from us.

Remember the first three letters in PROfit is PRO.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 7:45pm

2199 usd about 2700 cdn I don't know what to think... looks good... I would love to have one but man I still find the price out of range.. with the pads will run well over 3500..

But you have to look at the fact you'll make money off it and most likely will make it all back...

I guess it uses a special pre-spray???

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 8:51pm

So what did your portable or TM cost you?

It doens't take long at all to make the money back, for one, padding is very cheap on chems and high on profit.

Whatever you charge for HWE you should charge 25-30% more for padding, I know it is cheaper to perform but the customers will more than likely use your VLM cleaning if you charge more because then they will know YOU believe in it.

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 9:47pm

Lets see now, .50 for the HWE, add 30% for the OP and voila....... .65/sq ft! Yep you should do well at that rate Mr Steamer!

John: Sorry for answering Mr. Steamer's post for you up above. I know that you are quite capable of doing that yourself. In future, I will wait at least 3 hours to see if you want to answer rather than the 2.5 hours I did wait to hear your reply.

Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 10:48pm
Now that's better...LOL
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2004 at 12:14am
John; actually we agree on more stuff than we disagree on. But if I agreed with you too much, life might get boring for both of us, so I look for oportunities to get you riled up from time to time, just like you do with others! LOL
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2004 at 12:39am
35 grand for a truck... 25 grand for a complete unit... and a 3 grand machine can do it better...hhhhmmmmmmmm
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2004 at 1:07am

Now you are getting the big picture Mr Steamer! Things will get even better very soon. The new Sahara Teflon pads I developed for the RSE machine will work on the Conquerer as well. They let the cleaner clean even faster and better than regular pads do. And they last at least twice as long. The number one thing that shortens regular pad life is abrasion. The unique way that Teflon is applied to these pads keeps their absorbant properties, but reduces the abrasion dramaticly. The net effect is your cost of padding comes down, because the Sahara pads cost no more than the regular pads do, but last twice as long.

The RSE by the way is a converted RX20 machine that has had oscillation added to it so that it can pad carpet, as well as HWE it with the improved efficiency that oscillation brings. It will pad carpet 25%to 50% faster than the Conquerer machine will, allowing much higher productivity. The increased speed allows you to earn easily $200+ per hour while cleaning. With a TM, you can use the HWE function to outclean any other HWE system in existance! The best of both worlds. Cost will be only about $3000 US or $3900 Cdn when it comes out next Spring.Don't forget that you will be able to dry carpet with it in as little as 10 minutes per room too, if you want to buy the POWER-Dri system for your TM to use with it. A portable Power-Dri system is being developed that lets you take it into high rise buildings as well.

Edited by Superglide Ken
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2004 at 7:37am
It looks like Ken is going to give Padman a run for his money
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2004 at 7:56am

I do a lot of quotes and Estimates.... Realistically I can't see how OP will net you 30 to 40 % more.  Less maybe but more??? when the customer sees how easy it is, and that there is no truck out side breaking the sound barrier, and the miles of hoses are gone. They'll say thats it... thats it you may get away with it the first time but not the second...

In America anything is possible... but Canadians are much more anal

take me for example

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2004 at 11:40am
Heres a twist on that for you Mr. Steamer. Lets say you buy a RSE to do your padding instead of a Conquerer. Because the RSE spins as well as oscillates as it cleans, you can clean with it as fast as the bonnet cleaners do, but provide the better cleaning that OP machines do. Now because you can clean faster than the HWE cleaners can, and beat the quality of cleaners using bonnet systems, you can take their market from them! The high speed of the RSE means that you can even charge LESS than they do, and still make more money on an hourly basis. The best of both worlds.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 30>