Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Scotchgard and Teflon Fabric Protection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Liability

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liability
    Posted: 21/March/2004 at 11:36am
  We just finished a cleaning a sofa with numerous kool-aid stains on it.
This sofa had a protector applied by the manufacturer. I kind of think the custy had already worked on the stains herself, but this was not mentioned.
After a lengthy time working on the stains we had to give up, they just would not come out. The custy had us sign paper work so she could send to the manufacturer for sofa replacement.
  We currently do not offer fabric protectors for this reason. I guess the question is --if we apply it--do we guarantee it
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2004 at 11:08pm

Harvey.....I wouldn't guarantee the replacement of her furniture.  The best thing to do is gaurantee the service....you'll comeback and try and take the spot out...if it doesn't come out , you refund the fabric protection money....

Plus you have to have stipulations in place...for different types of stains...HOT coffee or tea can burn right through the protection, orange juice and apple can also stain if it sits for a long time...it all depends on what spills.....

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2004 at 6:11pm

Manufacturers and manufacturer reps spray their magic protection over new upholstery and make big bucks doing so. People pay much more at the time of purchase for protection than they generally would pay you a year or so later. Most purchase on the strength of a warranty. It becomes a numbers game. Some you lose most you win. Plus its hard to read the fine print in the contact.

These people generally do well.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2004 at 6:50pm
Most people loose the warantee papers anyways.....good stuff...more people should buy it...sometimes it's like pulling teeth to sell it
steamer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2004 at 1:50am
I agree with MR. Steamer.Guarranteeing to replace furniture or carpet would be suicide.No matter what protectorant you apply it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to protect against ALL TYPES OF STAINS.If the protectant you are using does not list a stain it protects against it is most likely because it does not protect against that particular stain!!!Of course the manufacturer of the product left that little tidbit of info out.So what's the reasonable thing to do.Find out which stains the protectorant you are using actually guards against.For example, Is Koolaid listed?Then you had better not tell old custy not to worry about it when their youngin spills a glass all over their 2,000. couch.Carefully read the label and if needed call the producer of your product to see exactly what it protects against.Likely they will NOT TELL YOU WHAT IT DOES NOT PROTECT AGAINST.Never give a guarrantee that is not backed by the manufacturer of the product.NEVER.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2004 at 6:15pm
Why would anyone offer a guarantee regarding fabric protectors?  Does 3M or Dupont when you purchase it?  What is the answer?  I think they give you the usually will repell oil and water based products.  Gives temporary soil suspension assists with dry soil removal if applied PROPERLY.  Do you cleaners have more money than the manufacteres of these products?  We explain the benefits including that we did not make this carpet or piece of upholstery bullet prof, but what we did will assist you in maintaing it till the next cleaning.  Give them a few rulrs on how to remove spots and to call if they have any questioins.  End of story.  Just my opinion.Guitar
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2004 at 7:46pm
Actually Doug they do guarantee it....3M up to five years...I also think Dupont works along with Phoenix in Toronto and they do to..if not mistaken....they'll clean it and if it doesn't come out they will replace it.. free of charge...
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2004 at 8:03pm

I have cleaned upholstery where Scotchgard applied by a dealer similar to Magic Gard etc, But they were suppling the warranty not the dealer . I think the same holds threw for the cleaner.  The protector is long gone in 5 years.  Know for them to honor their warranty you would have to jump threw hoops regarding application etc.   A warantee is a guaranree with hole in it.  Just my opinion Guitar

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2004 at 11:43pm
The brick runs that 5 year warranty too.....so does bad boy.....point is people do guarantee the gard
steamer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/April/2004 at 12:54am

I found an excellent article on this subject worth taking a few minutes to read.It is absolutely consistent with the warranty information that 3M and Dupont offer for their protectorants.

http://www.wolfeflooring.com/soil_protection.asp#Protection 

Edited by Moderator1
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/April/2004 at 7:53am
HELLO HELLO: Is anyone home.  Who is guaranreeing the protector is it 3M? Is it Dupont?  ANSWER NO.  Because if it was you would not be returning to take the spot off at your expense and if it didn't come you would not  refund the protector amount on the invoice  they would pay that.  So I do not care what warrentees 3M offer and Dupont offer it is you brain dead cleaners who are offering the warrentie is it not??  Just how god damm thick are some of you cleaners??  Check all the warrenties you want they do not cover you the cleaner.   Unless mabybe you have some kind of licenceing agreement with them Just my opinionGuitar
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/April/2004 at 10:59am

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

HELLO HELLO: Is anyone home.  Who is guaranreeing the protector is it 3M? Is it Dupont?  ANSWER NO.  Because if it was you would not be returning to take the spot off at your expense and if it didn't come you would not  refund the protector amount on the invoice  they would pay that.  So I do not care what warrentees 3M offer and Dupont offer it is you brain dead cleaners who are offering the warrentie is it not??  Just how god damm thick are some of you cleaners??  Check all the warrenties you want they do not cover you the cleaner.   Unless mabybe you have some kind of licenceing agreement with them Just my opinionGuitar
This is from the guy that loves name brand chemicals...and laughs at my hide carpet cleaning powder...choose a side and stick to it Doug...

From the sounds of it...you don't sell much Gard....What do you say when the customers asks you "do I get any type of warrentee with that??"

"NO you don't!!!!!!!!!" says doug

The customer will say "why the hell put it on then...and it cost sooooo much...just forget it...it's not worth it"

It's just another way of raising revenue...QUOTING TED"It's a numbers Game"

Mr. Steamer "The Make More Money" Carpet Cleaner

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/April/2004 at 12:37pm

You offer the warrentie not 3M  How are you ever going to get that in your head.  Is there a lack of oxegen at 6' or what.  I don't explain warrenty because there is none.  Do you call 3M or Dupont when there is a spot???  I explain the BENEFITS OF USING THE PRODUCT.  JUST WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND???  Just my opinionGuitar

If you are telling people this warrantie is from the porducer you are telling a misstruth............

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/April/2004 at 8:54pm

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

If you are telling people this warranty is from the producer you are telling a misstruth............
Huh......I never ever said it was from the producer.....PLEASE READ THE POSTS CAREFULLY.....All I said is that people that sell and clean the furniture or carpet...sell it with warranty....you are as short as your temper...

Why not Warranty something that works...and that you believe in....

I think we should change sides of the fence Doug...your normally on the establishments side on these type of matters...

NEXT TIME READ THE POSTS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>