Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

1st Portable Extractor - Buying Decisions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2010 at 3:10am
Mytee portable with rotovac 360 is good i have use also great experience 
Sponsored Links

Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2010 at 12:16pm
But just not any portable from Mytee if you want the best bang for your buck.

Go with a 1005DX and a 360i with .01 jetting. That model contains the powerful LMB2A vac motors in it.

You will be surprised by how well this works.
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
LArugcleaning View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LArugcleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2010 at 4:30am

Hi,

If you find that cleaning business is so hard....But if you really love cleaning business, then go for it...try another strategy and tricks that makes your business become successful one...
GOGoGo...
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2010 at 11:37am
Originally posted by maxima maxima wrote:

Hello, I am new to the carpet cleaning business and new to this Forum. Although, I worked for a carpet cleaning company 4 years ago for 8 months using truck mounted units that I vaguely remember much about.

I am going to start with a good portable extractor at first. I have been educating myself about them for 4 days, And I feel as if I have searched the end of the internet researching them.

I know they are more time consuming that a truck mount, I also know that if and when I run into a situation where a vacant apartment is without power I will be without electricity and hot water for the machine. In this situation I would want a Generator on the truck with plenty of extension cords, And A portable with a built in heater to fall back on as a source of hot water.

Another concern of mine is a customer raising an eyebrow or frowning upon the fact that I would be brining in a machine, using their water And electricity. Although, I know a certain percentage of locations will be un-attended.

Why would I want a portable that has a 20 gallon fresh water tank and 13 gallon waste tank? By the time You dump the waste tank, You might as well fill your already low 20 gallon fresh water tank. That 20 gallon tank in terms of specifications does not impress me for this very reason. So....Why am I seeing these high and lows. Would'nt it make more sense to have a equal combination such as 16.5 gallon fresh / 16.5 gallon waste making thus optimizing the operating time?

What does everyone think about the Olympus FX88hp?

I'm considering these machines:

Diamiond back
Dirt Invader
Olympus

Is it true that I would lose suction with a 50ft hose as opposed to a 25ft hose?

Would I really want to operate a rotovac wond with a portable?

Is there a portable that can produce steam? Do I really need steam?

Should I feel confined more towards residential & apartments with a portable, Or would I be capable of doing commercial jobs also?

Realistically how many times would I refill a portable in a average 3-4 bedroom house?

Thanks In Advance,
Chris

So................ 4.5yrs later you should be setup with equiptment and doing well..
What unit did you purchase?
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2010 at 12:42pm
HUH! Must have went out of business.
vacman2000 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vacman2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2010 at 8:39am
Originally posted by zbikenut zbikenut wrote:

If you understood the value of my offer you would have jumped all over it.  You have nothing to lose, either I get your website into the top 5 or I don't.

Good Luck to you,
Rick

PM me with details
Vernon
westcovina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westcovina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/December/2010 at 7:01pm
I use both Truck mount and portable. When I use the porty I really miss the high heat that the TM puts out. I would get a porty first and a TM later when you can afford it. That way you will really appreciate the TM.

http://www.carpet-cleaning-west-covina.com/
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2010 at 2:03pm
Some say there is a portable/360i that can outclean your TM.. Clown
What do think of that? Stern Smile

Oh and welcome here. Bunch of Friendly polite folks..LOL! Approve
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2010 at 12:25am
Why not buy the truckmount and the 360i? Now you have Utopia and will blow the competition out of the water. Banana Dance

P.S.
But remember that the above system will allow you to become overconfident. Some of the wealthiest carpet cleaners talk the talk without walking the walk. Some get by with personality and whatever they clean with, leaning heavy on the show-business side.

What the truckmount does is faster, better, removes maximum soil and will produce more work and profit for you over the long-term. Along with allowing you to sleep well at night knowing that you have provided the most thorough job possible.

Remember, this is coming from a truckmount salesman but also a guy who was for many years deep in the trenches with both portables and truckmounts. If I was to ever go back into the carpet cleaning business I would never think of doing it without a truckmount and a RX20 or 360i.

Merry Christmas!

Hope Santa brings you an RX-20 or a Rotovac 360i so you can effortlessly clean in the future with sheer confidence.

vacman2000 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vacman2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2010 at 5:38pm
Boy if you gota clean carpets like that, I think you should add carpet sales to your bow
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/December/2010 at 4:21pm
I realize that money is tight at Christmas. So, why not buy a used RX-20 - $2,495.00 or used Rotovac 360 - $1,850.00 but no ribbon.

If so, 2011 will be like cleaning in heaven. Now there's a Boxing Day Special for you.

Icesea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icesea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2011 at 10:19pm

Of course you can use a rotovac with a portable, make sure you get good water lift on the portable

moreforles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moreforles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2012 at 6:23pm
for the most part, the size of the machine really doesn't matter, in that almost everyone, unless a machine has a pump out system, is still going to be emptied either into a 5 - 7 gallon bucket and/or commode or sewage drain.
   The reason for the difference in the size of fresh water and waste tank, is the difference between what you apply, what's recovered and what moisture is discharged through the vacuum blower (although a little foam from a customer or previous cleaner, can make short work of a large waste tank, filling it along with the vacuum hoses with suds)
   I've used both Truck mounted (both slide ins and direct drive units) portables and bonnet machines....  they all have their place, and choice of machines is also dependent of the type and size of jobs you expect to be doing.  Restaurants and large commercial jobs are doable with a portable, but time consuming, a helper makes a big difference, being able to pull the hoses, fill and empty the machine and basically just keeping the wand moving, the less time the wand is sitting idle, the longer the job will take.
   An auto fill and pump system is the ideal combination for a portable, making it nearly as productive as truck mount.  I'm actually working on custom building one to suit my needs, incorporating what I've seen and used, to make a small machines with the power of a larger machine, trading the size of the fresh water tank (if I decide to have one, thinking about using a mix/recirculation tank, similar to one on many truck mounts, with the option of running directly from water source or buckets of water if need be) and using 2 separately switched 3 stage vac motors, smaller jobs and lengths of hoses, one blower will do fine, unless faster drying time is wanted, or when using longer lengths of hose (100' - 200'), then the second blower can be used.
  A pump out system with a discharge hose, going to drain or out into the landscaping will save a lot of time emptying the machine, although small jobs, requiring less than one or two stops to empty, are not an issue, while the machine is emptying, I often grab another bucket of water, move the hoses and furniture (if there is any) out of the way, then turn the machine back on.  
   I plan on having roughly a 10 gallon waste tank (which will have enough space, that foam shouldn't be an issue very often) and the solution tank, should be around 5 gallons, if that.    emptying and refilling by itself, of requiring an occassional refill when water hook up is not available..... (it doesn't happen often, but it does happen)   water heater would be a nice option, but between 200+ psi pump (although 100-150 would work too) and one of the 3 stage blowers on a single cord, and the pump out and second 3 stage blower on another..... a heater would make hook ups a little more difficult

I have an older "Bison" Cheyenne, now sold by ProChem, that works ok, but doing commercial jobs (apartments) I sometimes run into smaller jobs - spot cleaning, small extraction jobs, efficiency apartments that i would sometimes prefer having a smaller more compact machine for, and for the most part, any smaller machine has less pressure to match the smaller size.   so building my own.

I picked up an older (70s or 80s) Truck Force mostly for ideas although it does work for the most part.   one blower (out of three 2 stage blowers) stopped working on it, but was still about the same as the Cheyenne with the single 3 stage blower.  But the Truck Force does have a pump out system (although the float is set too high, and it doesn't pump out until just before the machines float blocks the vacuum tube, allowing a little foam to blow through the blowers, probably "why" the first blower went bad in the first place) in addition to the pump out, it has an auto fill option, which seems to keep the fresh water tank at 1 to 2 gallons, kicking on and off as needed using only a float system, much like the water tank on a commode, no electronic crap.

moreforles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moreforles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2012 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by JCarpet33 JCarpet33 wrote:

I am using a Mytee portable with a rotovac 360 and its seems to be working great. I was worried that it would suck enough water back up, but after a year I have had no complaints about soaked carpets.

I am also checking into the Rotovac CFX continuous flow. My only concern is flooding bathrooms. I am heard different things about using a continuous flow system. Any insights?

as far as complaints when using a rotovac, as longs you do the extra drying pass, like you should with any system, it shouldn't be a problem.   At least one cleaner in this area, who I won't directly name (just that they AREN'T the best carpet cleaner and should be sued for false advertising on the name alone) who have a nasty and deserving reputation for over wetting, and leaving the carpet so wet, that they stink a couple days later... but in all fairness "they are a couple dollars an apartment cheaper than me"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>