Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Telemarketing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2004 at 11:44pm

what Adwa you want your carpets cleaned to.... I'm not just a good cleaner... I'll be the best you have ever had.. I know how to work every little fiber from the back to the front and back to the back when it comes to carpet.

My wand should be bronzed!!!!!!

Sponsored Links

Suction View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2004 at 11:52pm
wow this has turned into a blue forum overnight... XXX rated
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2004 at 12:13am

I bet your wand is as small as your mind Steamer and maybe you should have it bronzed and post a picture here on the forum. We could all use a good laugh.

Steamer do you also have wet carpet dreams every night about yourself or does your ego allow for such foolishness. This is your favorite saying is it not.

Suction there is no xxx rated going on here just a friend playing head games with another friend. No offense to anyone.

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2004 at 8:28am
I lick rugs for fun... I clean them for profit.

(oh, man... I can't believe I just posted that!)

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2004 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

franchise.... no way... never never never!!!

door to door sales....  It works great... you send out a crew to a sub-division.... armed with a little hand held spot remover and a spotting kit.

they knock on doors, give in home estimates, book calls and take out any little spots the cust may have for free.

Why is it good???... It gets you into the home... it lets you provide a little free service.... it'll get you the job

you pay your crew an hourly rate....and a percentage of the call..

This one I should keep for myself.......cuz it works

Steamer

We have always loved your posts but have noticed you usually hold back on really, really good info you could share but normally don't. I commend you on your post of free spotting door to door offering a business card and an introduction to your company.

How could they say no??? Excellent info!

The cash is there for all of us. We just have to bend over and pick it up.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2004 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Adwa Adwa wrote:

I bet your wand is as small as your mind Steamer and maybe you should have it bronzed and post a picture here on the forum. We could all use a good laugh.

Steamer do you also have wet carpet dreams every night about yourself or does your ego allow for such foolishness. This is your favorite saying is it not.

Suction there is no xxx rated going on here just a friend playing head games with another friend. No offense to anyone.

I'm the best darn rug sucker in all of the GTA... and when I take my wand out of my truck I mean BUSINESS.  You may laugh at first, but when it's all said and done it will be the best rug servicing you've ever had.  Or your money back
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2004 at 10:43pm

Steamer I don't get you sometimes. Ted, Doug and I have told you that you are an intelligent young man who obviously believes in himself.

Why oh why do you not go on your own and break away from these big companies who are sucking our industry dry.

Stop playing safe and thinking small, that is why you want to dip your wand in Bronze. Go for the Gold and Fly Baby Fly.

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2004 at 2:22pm
Adwa I'm a one man show... I can't control everything you need to run a big named outfit...   The advertising...phone...booking routing.. maintenance... repairs...  I need money to run the advertising and office correctly...  I don't trust anyone to do my cleaning I can't do everything
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2004 at 8:53pm

Plus what I have on my side is..... I GIVE SERVICE!

I pull at least 15 to 20 calls a week just personal service calls, which I was refered by someone....  no matter how much money you spend on advertising word of mouth is GOLDEN...

A lot of cleaners don't pull what I pull and they advertise.. You all think I'm full of myself... good....cuz I can be... NO LIES I"M JUST THAT DAMN GOOD.

surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2004 at 5:50am
You're not gonna run a big named outfit.... yet.

First, get a secretarial service to put all the addresses from your diary or invoice books into an Excel spreadsheet, cause you're gonna write a letter to them.

The letter talks simply about a new carpet cleaning business, and how you've had years of experience with "BRAND NAME COMPANY HERE"

Then you put a picture of Mr. Steamer, and a discount voucher. They'll get it.

Secretarial services have changed. They can and will take all your incoming calls, and answer them exactly how you want them to.  They'll only charge you for the number of phone calls they recieve, and they're more flexiable in what they say.  With the proper script, they are your support staff.

Telemarketers for hire are avaliable.  Have them call the higher end suburbs.

So you've got no staff, so you don't need an office.  If you don't like the sound of all that, then see if there's any government grant to hire someone who's been long-term unemployed.  Then find yourself that gem that is a trained & talented secretary who's re-entering the workforce parttime now that her kids have grown up.  Often you'll find that their previous experience is closer to running a business for thier boss, rather then just being a boss' secretary. She may even teach you a thing or two.

Use the equity in your home to take out a personal loan to get you started.  Reparis?  You won't be doing 5 or 6 calls a day, so they decrease.  I'm sure that whatever supplier you decide to use will have a reputable service department. Get a second hand machine as your back-up.  Mount it in a trailer rather then in the van's body.  If you ever do get an off-sider, then you can drop them off at a job this way as well.

You control the pricing now, and you retain all the profits.  It's your decision to either become big, with two or three staff, or just run a lifestyle business that gives Mr. Steamer more time to do Steamy stuff.

or....

stay where you are

-Allen

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2004 at 6:23am
Allen:  Is there a chapter two?  You are certainly a motivated guy  looking to asist where needed.  I wll say no more.Guitar
Just My opinion
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2004 at 11:08pm

Allen some good information you gave and very creative.

What I am saying to Steamer is that I can see a lot of potential in him but what ever floats his boat is OK too.

It can be hard to break away and take that next step when you are already relying on what ever you have to support the growing family and the other responsibilities that never seem to stop coming at ya.

Most times it takes money to back you in your adventure and a great support system. This at most times can be hard to come by especially as the years go by.  I'll say no more

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2004 at 11:12am
Everyone can talk, good advise is real easy to find... but things don't always workout the way we would like them too...
Rick/Magic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick/Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2005 at 5:01pm
I hate telemarketers too...true story...we got this company..Delux Carpet Cleaning...that calls me all the time...on my business phone...I answer "Magic Carpet Cleaning"...and they always go right into their sales pitch...I stop them and ask "Hey, how did I just answer the phone?"...and they reply "Magic Carpet Cleaning"...I then say "well, don't you think I'd clean my own carpets"...one day they caught me in a real bad mood and I called the girl on the other end a "dumb bitch" ( I know, that was bad of me)...she hung up...about 5 minutes later, some guy claiming to be the "supervisor" of the telemarketers called me to jump all over me about my rudeness to his employee...I won't even get into to what I said to him...anyway, I asked him (accually told him) to take me off of their call list...it didn't do any good...they still call me at least every other month...
25 years of cleaning carpet
and my back hurts
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>