Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

flood work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/May/2004 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by BigRed BigRed wrote:

Doug:  Sometimes silence could be the answer to a question.  I'm glad i was'nt the only one who noticed he responded to everything but your last post.  I have a question for you Doug.  On one of the posts I read I noticed you had written that you were an IICRC supervisor.  What is that?  I have never heard of it before. 

Big Red:  I will try to answer that in the Ask Doug topic;  I do not want to cross contaminate this topic.Guitar

Just My opinion
Sponsored Links

BigRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/May/2004 at 6:00pm

We Dry:  I'm sorry to say.  If theres nothing to hide thats fine answer the question Doug has asked.  But it is obvious that the amount of posts you have had in here before getting bthe grind was tremendous.  Now that you have been put on the spot you have completely IGNORED the question.  This whole rental thing with KK is starting to smell funny.  You know what I mean. 

Thats why I was glad Doug asked the question so I would not be deemed as picking on you and getting thrown off this forum.

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2004 at 2:51pm

I love this controversy. We have not had this much since we lost nightrider. It's great and we should get everything out in the open. It's healthy. But it seems to me that in construction, flood and fire being one of the same that it is very common practice for companies even competitors to do sub-contracting. Or am I all wet?

Are we not all just trying to make a dollar? I had no idea there was this much resentment and animosity within the ranks of the fire and flood industry.

Edited by Carpetologist
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2004 at 2:53pm

Sammy

Competition is a wonderful thing and without it we would become fat, lazy and miserable. Competition is the blood of life keeping your wits sharp and it keeps you hanging in.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2004 at 4:29pm

Yes it's all about the cash grab..... Let me tell you most people pay for what they get.... how many times have you heard..."just suck up the water" and you try to tell them that that's not all it involves...and you hear again "just suck up the water"...

If the customer doesn't want to pay your magic number...you "just suck up the water" and when it doesn't come out good...and their hell hole smells like the port-a-potty pit.... they talk crap about you and your company.

This is where you have to learn..... they don't want to pay to do the job right then WALK... no money is better than a little bit of money and a black eye

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2004 at 4:51pm
Mr. Steamer:  I think you missed the point.  Did you read the previous posts?Guitar
Just My opinion
BigRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2004 at 7:17pm
Did he ever miss it!
We Dry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote We Dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2004 at 7:24pm

Whos NIghtrider?

The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2004 at 7:24pm

Kleen Kuip keeps approx 50 pieces of flood equipment available for rental units.  When I need more to satisfy one customer I rent from WE DRY.  Its works for me.

I am glad they are their for us.  If others choose to not rent from them its there option, but these people have made a healthy investment and must come up with creative ways of showing an investment return.

I would be sweating on the days I would see all that equipment stacked up in my storage room.

The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2004 at 7:30pm

All this bickering appears to me that some companies are feeling that the larger and more aggressive companies are getting the edge on business, and maybe they are right.    I see that Sears is now entering the Flood Restoration Market across Canada.

Every one says they do a poor job but they became Canada's largest carpet cleaners. Will they gain the same status in Flood Restoration?

They certainly have the resources to do just that, should the smaller and intermediate size restorers be putting on their thinking caps and maybe talking with each other.  

The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2004 at 7:48pm

In the supply business I am friendly with all my so called competitors even though from time to time we cut each others throats, I would rather be on speaking terms with them as opposed to not speaking.  Makes for a better life.  You asked in your post about rental equipment that I explained. A question was asked of We Dry. Do you rent through KK?  Answer was no. But KK rents through We Dry from tine to time to satisfy KK customers  Is there something wrong with this?

As for KK performing actual Restoration work !NO! we do not, period.  Now work that comes in over our website or our phones we will refer these potential customers to our existing customers.  Is this not what it is all about? Supplier helping his customers.  If yours is not maybe its worth changing suppliers.  Yes we will refer and gladly help out any of our customers whenever we have that opportunity and We Dry is a good customer.  You scratch my back and I scratch yours.  That' what my father taught me.

Kleen Kuip's website receives a lot of traffic from all walks of life including desperate people in need of cleaning advise and help. Along with people standing in flood water looking for immediate relief.  KK is very open to discussing with ANYONE who feels they could benefit from our site.  Maybe we could develop a section that directs fire and flood customers to web participants. 

We are always looking at ways to expand if you haven't noticed, the web is the futuristic way to go.  Don' get left behind. I have never looked at myself as a competitor to anyone as we have the reputation of attempting to help all we serve.  KK's website was never designed to be competitive, but a helping hand to all those who choose to participate.

As Doug would say shut up you are starting to sound religious. It's just my opinion.

BigRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2004 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Carpetologist Carpetologist wrote:

In the supply business I am friendly with all my so called competitors even though from time to time we cut each others throats, I would rather be on speaking terms with them as opposed to not speaking.  Makes for a better life.  You asked in your post about rental equipment that I explained. A question was asked of We Dry. Do you rent through KK?  Answer was no. But KK rents through We Dry from tine to time to satisfy KK customers  Is there something wrong with this?

As for KK performing actual Restoration work !NO! we do not, period.  Now work that comes in over our website or our phones we will refer these potential customers to our existing customers.  Is this not what it is all about? Supplier helping his customers.  If yours is not maybe its worth changing suppliers.  Yes we will refer and gladly help out any of our customers whenever we have that opportunity and We Dry is a good customer.  You scratch my back and I scratch yours.  That' what my father taught me.

Kleen Kuip's website receives a lot of traffic from all walks of life including desperate people in need of cleaning advise and help. Along with people standing in flood water looking for immediate relief.  KK is very open to discussing with ANYONE who feels they could benefit from our site.  Maybe we could develop a section that directs fire and flood customers to web participants. 

We are always looking at ways to expand if you haven't noticed, the web is the futuristic way to go.  Don' get left behind. I have never looked at myself as a competitor to anyone as we have the reputation of attempting to help all we serve.  KK's website was never designed to be competitive, but a helping hand to all those who choose to participate.

As Doug would say shut up you are starting to sound religious. It's just my opinion.

Ted its not bickering its just a lousy way of doing business and when I see the stage set for We Dry to ramble about water damage and the school and how they should be using your rental equipment, it provokes me to let people know that they are being fooled.  I know whats going on!
BigRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2004 at 8:06pm
Ted its not bickering its just a lousy way of doing business and when I see the stage set for We Dry to ramble about water damage and the school and how they should be using your rental equipment, it provokes me to let people know that they are being fooled.  I know whats going on!
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2004 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by We Dry We Dry wrote:

Whos NIghtrider?

You sir are god damm lucky he is on a mission. He is the man from HELL.  IF YOU SEE THAT BIG OLD RAM COMEN DOWN THE TRACK YOU HAD BETTER HANG YOUR HEAD AND CRY.Guitar

Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>